Here is my resume! I have obviously deleted my personal information. If you have any questions or need any resume help, please contact me 🙂
Check out some of my resume help: https://amateurpoetbooknerd.com/portfolio/resumehelp/
firstname.lastname@example.org | Blog of Written Work: https://amateurpoetbooknerd.com,
William Paterson University, Wayne, NJ
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
Minor: Women and Gender Studies graduated January 2017
- Relevant Courses: Book and Magazine Editing, Critical Writing, Creative Writing
- Awards: Dean’s List, Student Success Scholarship 2015 GPA: 3.58
Netherlands Study Abroad, William Paterson University May-June 2015
- Attended education and Dutch culture classes at Windenshiem University
- Visited and observed elementary, middle school, and special education schools in Zwolle
Community Brand Ambassador (CBA)
California Pizza Kitchen, Paramus, NJ March 2013-Present
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills to represent the company in a positive manner and communicate with staff, guests, and management
- Participate in weekly manager meetings to assess employee development and restaurant profitability; through brainstorming sessions on approaches to increasing sales of certain products
- Connect and build relationships with local businesses, associations, local schools, and non-profits
- Achieve high rates of guest satisfaction through focus on efficiency and hospitality in all aspects of customer service
Remote, New York City, NY February 2016-May 2016
- Responsible for implicating researching skills to find interesting topics to post for my weekly quota.
- Excels under tight deadlines and able to utilize knowledge of music and social media effectively to write stronger, well-thought-out posts.
- Capable to cite sources and provide an even balance of opinions and facts. http://www.bloggazwithattitude.com/author/mecca-jackson/
Cliché Magazine/Clichemag.com May 2016-December 2016
Remote, New York City, NY
- Participate in monthly brainstorming; including researching and pitching at least three high priority topics, corresponding with agents, and interviewing artists via email and phone.
- Communicate weekly with editor, Music Director, and Editor-in-Chief.
- Able to hand in assignments on time and utilize knowledge of SEO to promote the company.
- The Mix; a student run magazine project. Responsibilities include: content editing, copy editing, proofreading. August 2015-Present
- Write 3-4 posts a week for blog, Amateur Poet – https://amateurpoetbooknerd.com, which contains poetry, short stories, commentary, and book reviews.
- Blog stats include: 239 posts, 4,101 views, 2,161 visitors, 1449 likes, and 171 followers and counting
- Currently writing a Book, 325 pages have been completed; YA fantasy novel titled The Four Kingdoms Duology
- Proficient Spanish
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Typewriter
- Social Media: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Vine, Pinterest
- Blogging: WordPress, Wattpad